Friday, January 12, 2007

"Emily Dickinson Stuff"


One of my former graduate students has a website under construction all about Teaching Emily Dickinson, with explications, exercises, musical settings, lesson plans geared to various grade levels, and a nifty "exploring the variants" program that lets you swap in variant words and read the poem accordingly. I think my favorite page, though--and the one I can see students liking the most as well, at many ages--is one about "Dickinson as Cartoonist." Who knew?

Hats off to C--! Swing by and give her my regards. One of these days I'd love to teach a full class of English 220 (see below) with nothing but Donne and Dickinson--or maybe one more author, to teach them about free verse. But you could learn just about everything you need to know, at least where poetry is concerned, just from those two, no?

1 comment:

The Lettershaper said...

I have much enjoyed my walk through your world today; as a poet and an avid reader, I found your site both enriching as well as enlightening...I thank you.