- wrapped up the latest issue of JPRS
- Skyped with my managing editor about the next issue
- written a book proposal for my next co-edited collection (went out to a press yesterday)
- written a summer research grant proposal
- completed and written up an external tenure review
- had a conference call about the Popular Romance Project
- had a preliminary songwriting meeting about this year's Alte Rockers parodies
- taught my classes (Pope, Blake, Whitman, Dickinson)
- co-taught another half-class with a colleague, on Donne, and
- graded 25 student poetry essays.
I have another set of essays to do today (and tomorrow, and the next day), and some important emails to write, but basically, I feel good about what I've gotten done, and about how I've felt doing it: calmer, less frazzled, less frantic.
In short, the media downshift seems to be working--and to be getting easier, more self-sustaining.
Let's see what the next week brings.