Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sherlock

Does every spouse / domestic partner become a bit of a detective?  I wake up in the morning, come upstairs, and figure out what's been up the night before:  a son up late, a daughter slipping on her headphones to watch something on one of her devices.

Last night, if I'm not deceived, at about 4 am, my wife got up with postnasal drip and a bad a sore throat, gargled salt water, fumbled around in the medicine cabinet for a Benadryl, then went back to bed, very unhappy with her lot.

That's the working hypothesis, anyway.  When she gets up, we'll see if I'm right.

2 comments:

Laura Vivanco said...

I'm sure training in close reading is excellent preparation for becoming a domestic Sherlock Holmes ;-)

E. M. Selinger said...

Or vice versa! In any case, right on all counts. (Poor dear.)