Monday, December 29, 2008

Welcome to the Working Week

Counting down, here, to the end of 2008. A tough year for this blog; here's to a better, more interesting one in the months to come.

It was warm enough to run today, so run we did, R & I. (She's following the blog now--hi, love!) Took a pitchfork to my in-box, which is more of an in-tower at the moment, a desktop Barad-dur. Got some very anxiety-provoking emails from editors and impending campus visitors; literally shrieked in frustration at one point, scaring my poor daughter silly. Took my son to the library in search of histories of rock and roll, and a stack of CDs. Not, shall we say, the most productive day, but for the first day back to work, not altogether a failure.

In fact, one success: a sheaf of paperwork I should have filed last June (you read that right, alas) for my How to Teach a Poem workshop series is now done, done, done. Scoring high on the guilt-o-meter, that was. Three days left to finish--well, why commit myself? This & that.

Time to sign off & clean up. More tomorrow.




2 comments:

Laura Vivanco said...

In fact, one success: a sheaf of paperwork I should have filed last June (you read that right, alas) for my How to Teach a Poem workshop series is now done, done, done. Scoring high on the guilt-o-meter, that was.

And how long have people been promising "Next year in Jerusalem"? By that measure, six months' delay is nothing. Not that I want to encourage you to procrastinate, but I'm not sure that excessive guilt is particularly productive either.

I hope you all stay warm, happy and well in 2009. I think that's a lot more important than whether or not you got some filing done.

Mark Scroggins said...

I love that video; Elvis makes me feel better about my own electric guitar playing.